Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Day

Thank goodness for a kick booty early morning spin class!!! Nothing like it to get my head back together. I am feeling much better today. I usually don't write much when I am feeling like I was yesterday, but I gave it a shot and it is what it is! :) I like today much better. Hence, the life of a female with crazy hormones right?! So a couple of random thoughts. I am trying to be a better mom, as always, and so the things I am working on right now are:

-Give more opportunities for success and celebrate them big time!
-Say yes more often, not "I don't care" or "whatever you want"....yes. Not sure why I felt I needed to do this, but as a kid, I think it is good to hear your share of yeses.
-Give sincere praise for things done right and for the little successes they share with me during the day.
-Pray very hard that I can understand each child's individual needs and that I can get help from above in dealing with them in the best way that gets through to them individually.
-Love them like crazy!! (This one is easy for me!)

I am sure that I will give my kids issues in one way or another, but I hope that I can keep it to a minimum!! I absolutely LOVE being a mom and I absolutely LOVE the kids that I have been sent! In my opinion, there is no greater responsibility and no greater joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment