I have been going a little stir crazy lately. After much thought, I came to a conclusion. I don't get outside enough. Not just outside, but out in nature. I LOVE hiking and LOVE being in mountains and canyons. So, I decided to get a hiking backpack so the baby and I can go whenever we want. Since the beautiful trees and canyons are hard to come by here, I will settle for dirt and cactus, with an occasional sage brush. It still is pretty in it's own right. I have only used it once so far...but that's a good start. I went with a couple of my sisters and my niece with her brand new baby. We had a lot of fun! We even got a little lost at the end because we hiked a loop and it didn't come out to the same parking lot. We even left the map in the car. Apparently, I should have taken a responsible hiking course before embarking on this adventure! Thanks to our superior navigating skills, we found the car and made it home on time to get the kids from school! I am taking the kids next week for spring break. We will see how it goes!
Monday, March 7, 2011
Getting Out
I have been going a little stir crazy lately. After much thought, I came to a conclusion. I don't get outside enough. Not just outside, but out in nature. I LOVE hiking and LOVE being in mountains and canyons. So, I decided to get a hiking backpack so the baby and I can go whenever we want. Since the beautiful trees and canyons are hard to come by here, I will settle for dirt and cactus, with an occasional sage brush. It still is pretty in it's own right. I have only used it once so far...but that's a good start. I went with a couple of my sisters and my niece with her brand new baby. We had a lot of fun! We even got a little lost at the end because we hiked a loop and it didn't come out to the same parking lot. We even left the map in the car. Apparently, I should have taken a responsible hiking course before embarking on this adventure! Thanks to our superior navigating skills, we found the car and made it home on time to get the kids from school! I am taking the kids next week for spring break. We will see how it goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Looks like fun!
ReplyDeleteyour girls are so cute. Oh how I love them all. Love you to hon!!! Glad you guys get to get out and have fun outside!!!
ReplyDelete