Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Happy...

I walked into my girls room tonight to help them get ready for bed. I walked into a complete tornado disaster. There was an airbed that I should've taken down a few days ago, stuffed animals, shoes and clothes EVERYWHERE and the bins that hold toys and dress up clothes "under" the bed poured out all over the place. There was seriously not one inch of walking room. It started with a simple..."you guys need to clean up this room" but every second I was in there, I got more frustrated. So the girls got in trouble for having it such a mess. I looked at Morgan and she started to cry.

Me - "Don't even start crying. Just start cleaning up."
Morgan - "I'm just crying because I'm so happy."

Daddy comes in to roll up airbed.

Daddy - "What's going on back here?"
Rylee - "I think she is crying for joy."

I wish I could tell her that as she grows up, it gets easier to recognize and deal with emotions...but....for now, we will just be content that the room is all cleaned up and we are all happy again...really happy. Not a shining moment for me as a mother, but I will try again tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. well if that's the worst you ever get that you are doing WAY better than me! you are an amazing mom. not that i know from experience. but i just know you. so i know.

    ReplyDelete