I have been reading about the story of Job in the Old Testament and wanted to really study it. I have a lot more to study and learn, but I read a talk by the apostle Joseph B. Wirthlin called Never Give Up where he referenced Job quite a bit. In his talk, he gave a fantastic quote, which I think is now my new favorite long quote! :)
"Genius is only the power of making continuous efforts. The line between failure and success is so fine that we scarcely know when we pass it; so fine that we are often on the line and do not know it. How many a man has thrown up his hands at a time when a little more effort, a little more patience would have achieved success? A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed a hopeless failure may turn into a glorious success... There is no defeat except within, no really insurmountable barrier save one's own inherent weakness of purpose." (author unknown)
Enough said...
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Great quote, Lindsey, and so true! I have been talking to Rophone about not waiting for life to happen to us, but to make life happen the way we want it to. It's all about hard work and not being deterred, you know?
ReplyDeleteI definitely know! Sometimes you just have to take it by the horns, hold on for dear life and pray you can stay on! Jason and I work everyday on specific goals and I think that things have to get crazy sometimes to set up our lives the way they are supposed to be. There are so many distractions and frustration, but I agree that if you are focused and work hard on it, you can make things happen instead of just letting them happen to you. Good luck to all of us...right laundry queen?!!!
ReplyDelete