So I made the greatest recipe over the weekend! We all loved it! The only fish we really eat is Tilapia. It is super mild tasting and my house doesn't smell like fish after I cook it!!! Very important!!! The kids love it and it is really healthy. So usually I make it with bread crumbs and just cook it on the stove. Good, but not gourmet or anything! Then I found this recipe and it was so pretty when it was done and so good. Jason said that we should just sit and look at it for a minute because he didn't want to mess it up! Ha! Well, I am a good cook...but not usually a pretty cook so I was happy! Best of all, it was super easy and didn't take very long at all! So here is the recipe...
Mediterranean Tilapia
4 tilapia loins
1 sliced onion (sliced 1/4" thick)
2 Medium Tomatoes (sliced 1/4" thick)
4 Tbsp fresh chopped basil or 2 Tbsp dry basil
8 cloves chopped garlic (I didn't use that much)
4 Tbsp olive oil (I didn't use this)
12 Calamata olives, chopped (I didn't use these either!)
1. Defrost tilapia loins. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Peel and slice onions. Saute with olive oil (I used my cooking spray) in pan over medium heat 2-3 minutes each side or until onions are translucent.
3. Place loins over onion slices in 9x13 pan. Sprinkle olives, garlic and basil over fish. Place tomato slices on top and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place pan with fish in center of oven, uncovered for 12-15 minutes or until fish is opaque. (Took me about 20 minutes)
5. Enjoy!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I tried this recipe and my family loved it. I don't love fish at all, but I actually liked it. My house did smell like fish though. I think that made it harder for me to love it. It was a gorgeous presentation. I will make it again. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete