So I have found my new favorite place here. I went twice yesterday. I walked the dog in the morning and it was so relaxing and felt so good. This park is huge and has everything you could imagine. There are beautiful waterfalls and ponds where all sorts of birds hang out. There are tons of grass hills and fields, playgrounds, softball fields, basketball and volleyball courts, and a little carnival area complete with train ride. The sidewalks connect to make one maze of a walking path and with the hills, it is easy to keep it interesting. And best of all, it is very close to my house. I remember practicing volleyball there on summer mornings when I was 14. We had to show up to run around the park while it was still dark. Then we would practice on the sand to strengthen our legs. We had to be done by 7 or 8 a.m. because that is when the sand would start burning our feet! But, I am glad it is winter here now because the weather is AMAZING!!!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
The Park
So I have found my new favorite place here. I went twice yesterday. I walked the dog in the morning and it was so relaxing and felt so good. This park is huge and has everything you could imagine. There are beautiful waterfalls and ponds where all sorts of birds hang out. There are tons of grass hills and fields, playgrounds, softball fields, basketball and volleyball courts, and a little carnival area complete with train ride. The sidewalks connect to make one maze of a walking path and with the hills, it is easy to keep it interesting. And best of all, it is very close to my house. I remember practicing volleyball there on summer mornings when I was 14. We had to show up to run around the park while it was still dark. Then we would practice on the sand to strengthen our legs. We had to be done by 7 or 8 a.m. because that is when the sand would start burning our feet! But, I am glad it is winter here now because the weather is AMAZING!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Glad you're finding things to enjoy, Lindsey!
ReplyDelete