Monday, February 23, 2009
Getting Out of the Funk
It seems like the past couple of months, I have been in a little bit of a funk! (Word stolen from my sister today...because it fit perfectly) Ok, a big funk! I usually am just happy by nature, but it seems like the last little while I have been barely hanging on. My happy nature, has been more effort and really changed to major survival mode. There are a lot of reasons for it and no reason at all! What can I say? It is my choice how I choose to be and really in my mind, there are no excuses for it! I am happy to say that I am feeling like I am coming out of it...and quickly! Especially the last few days! Maybe my talk in church was a good reminder to me of all the things that I usually do to stay happy! (Elder L. Tom Perry's talk in October 2008 General Conference was the subject) Isn't it funny how that happens! So between my family, my long time friends, this blog, my new friends in my ward (that play volleyball! :)), the sunshine and my new attitude for life in general I am back to the old Lindsey (really close at least), who I actually really missed! Is that weird to say? Well, that is my personal truth, and I feel like it is a cause for an inner celebration! I love my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Hey Linds. It's so great so see that you are doing well. I'm glad that you are getting out of your funk. Adjusting to change is hard. You've had a lot going on the past couple months. You are such a positive and happy person. I'm excited to read your blog and be inspired by you. I miss you. Girls night out is just not the same without you!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear that! I love "Lindsey" and it makes me sad to think you were sad or down or whatever you were.
ReplyDelete