Roo turned 8 in August. She got to invite a few friends to the dollar movies to see "Rio". I took them all in my suburban and the girls had a blast. They laughed and giggled the whole way to the theater. We also made almost every single green light on the way there, which was amazing, considering it is a 20 minute drive. The girls thought it was so cool. The theater is at a mall, so we parked in the busy parking lot and there was this lady who told me I had my hands full and offered to help me get everyone through the parking lot safely. She was so sweet. She was about to tell me a story when we got to the sidewalk, so she didn't notice the curb that stepped up and she tripped and fell over the curb and onto the concrete. I had all the girls sit over under a tree while I helped her and rubbed her back until she could breathe calmly again. She got some bruises and I'm pretty sure she broke her finger. I'm glad it wasn't her hip or anything like that. When she felt good enough to get up, she went to find her daughter, who she said was probably spending all of her money. Luckily, she was tough and feisty. I felt so bad. She did her good deed and then got a broken finger and bruises out of it.
So, even after that sad adventure, the party was an absolute hit. It was simple and I was on a budget and it still worked out perfectly. After the movie, we went home and had pizza and cake and opened presents. Then I put on music and the girls had a big dance party. They all had such fun personalities, just like Rylee does. She is such a fun, happy girl. She always sings, laughs and makes me laugh. She has this zest for life that is addicting and she gets excited over the simplest things. I love her positive attitude and her sweet little angel singing voice. I am a lucky Mom.





No comments:
Post a Comment