Friday, November 12, 2010

Hooray for Tay Tay!

Taylor took 2nd place in her school spelling bee today! She's only in 4th grade! We are so proud of her! We would've been proud of her regardless, but 2nd place is definitely the icing on the cake! She won her class spelling bee and got to advance to the school spelling bee for the second year in a row! This little girl works so hard! She didn't get her study words until Monday night. We went over them in every spare second we had all week. She was so confident at the microphone and just did her thing! I love it! I was soooo nervous for her...I thought my heart would jump out of my chest. Every time she spelled a word, I had to look down. Jason said he did the same thing too! We didn't want to mess her up in any way. After it was over, Jason and I walked her back to the stairs, just below her classroom. We watched as she opened the door to her classroom and we heard her whole class start cheering and clapping for her really loud. Me, being the mom that I am, totally started crying because of that. I was overcome with joy for her and the love that was shown to her after. I guess that is just part of being a mom. We love you Taylor...always...no matter what!



2 comments: