So I looked up some free things to do in Orlando to mix things up a little for the girls. I found a place called Lake Eola park that seemed pretty cool, so the girls and I dropped Jason off in his area to sell and ventured to find it. It is in downtown Orlando, which is an adventure in itself! :) But I managed to find it and it turned out to be a great park! It was a contemporary design, so the girls had a lot of really fun new things to play on. We were only there for about 1/2 and hour when Jason called and said he was caught in a HUGE thunderstorm. He took cover on someone's front porch! Poor guy! He had to wait about 45 minutes for us becuase about a mile out of the park, we hit the storm too. I couldn't believe the amount of rain that fell and the size of the raindrops! There was so much water on the roads that I felt like I was driving a boat. It was splashing up both sides of the car which the girls thought was great! I LOVE a good storm and this was the second huge storm this week, so it was awesome! The first one we were in our apartment and the thunder was so loud and the thunder and lightning werenright over us for about 2 hours. We watched it from our balcony. So, we found Jason safe on the same front porch somewhere on Shrimp Drive. Didn't get much work done, but did have quite the adventure!
Friday, May 15, 2009
Our little adventure
So I looked up some free things to do in Orlando to mix things up a little for the girls. I found a place called Lake Eola park that seemed pretty cool, so the girls and I dropped Jason off in his area to sell and ventured to find it. It is in downtown Orlando, which is an adventure in itself! :) But I managed to find it and it turned out to be a great park! It was a contemporary design, so the girls had a lot of really fun new things to play on. We were only there for about 1/2 and hour when Jason called and said he was caught in a HUGE thunderstorm. He took cover on someone's front porch! Poor guy! He had to wait about 45 minutes for us becuase about a mile out of the park, we hit the storm too. I couldn't believe the amount of rain that fell and the size of the raindrops! There was so much water on the roads that I felt like I was driving a boat. It was splashing up both sides of the car which the girls thought was great! I LOVE a good storm and this was the second huge storm this week, so it was awesome! The first one we were in our apartment and the thunder was so loud and the thunder and lightning werenright over us for about 2 hours. We watched it from our balcony. So, we found Jason safe on the same front porch somewhere on Shrimp Drive. Didn't get much work done, but did have quite the adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment