So we survived our 2100 mile road trip to Orlando! The girls were INCREDIBLE!!! They were so great...especially for being in the car so long. They loved the adventure. We stopped somewhere in Arizona or New Mexico and saw this cool dinosaur at the McDonald's. The girls thought that was pretty cool! When we got to El Paso, there was actually part of the freeway where you looked to the right and saw Mexico and to the left and you saw America. Quite a difference. We also saw big vultures eating the road kill on the side of the road. Red heads, black bodies and all. Why I found this exciting?...I have no idea! But it was cool! We stopped to sleep in San Antonio. Of all the hotel rooms in San Antonio, we got the room right across the street from an outside karaoke bar. It was very loud. Luckily, with a pillow over our heads, we still were able to fall asleep. The girls celebrated staying in a hotel by jumping on the beds in the morning! Bad I know! But I wanted to let them get as much energy out as possible!!! It worked! The second day was the prettiest! Louisiana was awesome. The highways are all raised and we went over some amazing bridges with some beautiful views! Everytime I would have the girls look at something, Rylee would just say, oh mommy, it is so gorgeous! So now we are here and that's another story!
Friday, May 15, 2009
Florida Road Trip!
So we survived our 2100 mile road trip to Orlando! The girls were INCREDIBLE!!! They were so great...especially for being in the car so long. They loved the adventure. We stopped somewhere in Arizona or New Mexico and saw this cool dinosaur at the McDonald's. The girls thought that was pretty cool! When we got to El Paso, there was actually part of the freeway where you looked to the right and saw Mexico and to the left and you saw America. Quite a difference. We also saw big vultures eating the road kill on the side of the road. Red heads, black bodies and all. Why I found this exciting?...I have no idea! But it was cool! We stopped to sleep in San Antonio. Of all the hotel rooms in San Antonio, we got the room right across the street from an outside karaoke bar. It was very loud. Luckily, with a pillow over our heads, we still were able to fall asleep. The girls celebrated staying in a hotel by jumping on the beds in the morning! Bad I know! But I wanted to let them get as much energy out as possible!!! It worked! The second day was the prettiest! Louisiana was awesome. The highways are all raised and we went over some amazing bridges with some beautiful views! Everytime I would have the girls look at something, Rylee would just say, oh mommy, it is so gorgeous! So now we are here and that's another story!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment