Monday, April 11, 2011

Some thoughts...

I have been thinking a lot lately about different things. I was at a baby shower the other day and a girl from church said that she remembers a talk that I gave two years ago and that something that I said stuck with her. After I was able to close my mouth from the shock of hearing that :) I was able to talk to her about it. I was talking about how we perceive the things around us. When I walk outside, instead of just noticing an object, like a tree or a car or a bush, I try to notice the space around the object. This is especially helpful when I feel like I am suffocating in my own little world. It helps to put the perspective of how there is so much more "space" than "things" in this world. It helps me to breathe and bring things back into perspective at how small I am and my problems are.

The sad part about this story, is it took her reminding me of what I said for me to remember one of the most important soul soothers that I use to do. The great part about this story is that now I am reminded and have been noticing things in that way again. The other great part is that in the last few weeks I have gone through a definite shift in my life. Nothing has changed, except me. I feel happier and I feel like I have changed my "state" of being. It has not been easy, but I have been working especially hard on it, with a lot of help from my Father in Heaven. Now, instead of getting sad and stressed about all the things I'm not able to do right now, I have been able to be 100% grateful for what I can do. When I go to Costco, I am not getting more and more depressed about all the things I can't or shouldn't get at the moment, I am just glad I can be there getting anything at all! :) ha ha, lame example!!! So, between that and getting out more and hiking and biking, I am feeling happy, no matter my circumstances. I am very blessed with an incredible hubby who is my best friend. We make everything an adventure together and there is no one I would rather share the adventures with. I have amazing kids, who are full of love and happiness. I have great health and strength to take care of them and have some fun in the process! I have great sisters and great friends. Really, isn't this what it's all about anyway?!!!

1 comment: