Friday, April 15, 2011

Quite a day!

Well...here it goes. Quite the day it was yesterday...and today for that fact! It started off well with a bike ride with my sweetheart and yard work. But, the baby had other plans. I don't know if it is teething, tummy aches, headaches or just plain temper tantrums, but my happy baby has cried for two full days. If I even think about setting her down, she throws her face into the floor, (hopefully carpet, but sad to say sometimes on the tile) and screams. We tried everything we could think of. I was going to take her to the dr. but ran into some insurance issues. She is fine because she does stop crying when she is held, for the most part, so I know it is just a regular child thing, but I am tired today. So here what my night was like:

11 - set up pack and play in my room because she will not calm down and I need to be able to get to her fast during the night, if there's any hope of sleep at all.
1:30 - finally get her to sleep for the night
3 - Five year old comes in with a tummy ache...I send her potty and back to bed
4 - Five year old comes in with tummy ache and says she's going to throw up. I put her in bathroom, by toilet, with pillow and blanket.
5 - I hear crying, so I run out of my room to find five year old in hallway, mid throw up. I run her to the bathroom, only to slip in a big pile of throw up already on the floor. I didn't fall, but I did swear. Oops! (Didn't I make this child a comfy bed on the bathroom floor? :) ) I left child in bathroom after the sick spell was over and continued to clean up all the you know what...on carpet in her room and on the tile. I sanitized, put things in washer and went back for child. I tucked her into bed, with a towel under her and told her to stay there.
6:30-after this whole ordeal, I cleaned up with a shower and got older girls up to get ready for school and was greeted by a screaming baby.

My husband said it best last night...is this one of those hard parenting days? You betcha it is. Happy Friday!....and here's to a sleeping baby now! :) I hope the aliens bring back my happy baby by tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Oh-muh-goodness ~ you are a trooper. What a night! I can't imagine anything more fun than running down your hallway for a crying kid and slipping in vomit. woooooooooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack. So sorry. Hope tomorrow's better.

    ReplyDelete