Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Yes...we are crazy! Ha!


So my husband's latest crazy idea...a leopard gecko tank! Long story short, we didn't go anywhere out of town for fall break, so Jason wanted to do a fun project with the girls. Thanks to You Tube, we learned how to make fake rocks out of styrofoam and the kids had so much fun painting it and putting it all together with him. For me, I am great with it because of the memories it made and is making, it doesn't stink and it actually looks really cool.


It is definitely something that is desissyfying (I made that word up I think) the girls, which I love!! Plus, a guy gave us a free adult gecko and that was quite the deal! :) We got a small female (we think anyway) too that is more colorful, but we haven't held her much yet.



I love this picture...it shows exactly why I am ok with adding more craziness to our home! What a great daddy!



Is that a smoochable face or what! :) Ok, probably not!


This is kind of a creepy picture. I think his head kind of looks like a rattle snake head. I like the belly shot though!



These are super low maintenance reptiles. They don't need much besides crickets, water and an occasional worm or something gross like that. :) On one of our nightly walks, we noticed tons of crickets! Why buy them from the pet store, when we can hunt them ourselves?! Bentley, our girl dog even caught her first one! It was so funny to see her getting into it and joining the hunt. We would follow her and she would lead us to where the crickets jumped to. Rylee caught her first cricket and Morgan, who normally cries every time she even looks at a cricket, held the container that we kept them in. She didn't even freak out that much! So, we have had an absolute blast catching crickets this week and feeding them to the geckos. Fun, fun memories!

1 comment:

  1. Your girls are so pretty! Can't believe how old they look! Love the gecko rocks...not sure I could handle a gecko..guess I need some desissyfying! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete