Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mountain Biking w/ My Sweetie!

This morning was such a blast! We finally got out and did something! Thanks to my mom who watched our kids, Jason and I were able to go mountain biking. It is definitely a different experience to be dodging rocks and cactus at the same time, but we managed pretty well! I have not been mountain biking since we moved here. Last time I went, I wrecked pretty bad and have a big scar on my forearm, so Tay was pretty concerned. She told Jason, "Take care of my mommy today." How cute was that! This trail we went on started with a HUGE drop off. It took me a minute to get my guts, but then I just did it!!! I remembered that I like adventure and things that stretch me and I refuse to turn into a whimp! Jason doesn't enable me to be a whimp on these things anyway. He can't ride the bike for me. He did bring his phone though...he said he brought it in case he had to call in a helicopter to take me out of there! Hee, hee! Isn't he sweet? Ha! Luckily, no helicopters were needed. I am always amazed at how many things a bike can go over! I proved that again today! It took me a few minutes to get warmed up and then I was a little more fearless...just a little! :)

All joking aside, this adventure turned out to be pretty incredible for me mentally. By the time I was done, my mind had made so many analogies to life that I wished I had a notebook right then so I could write it all down. So now, I am writing it on here. Because the trail was single trek and technical for me, I really had to focus. I couldn't think about anything else, even if I tried, or I would have wrecked. I realized that in my life the last little while, I have not really had any focus. I have kind of been all over the place mentally. I think that when I lack focus, it is easier for crazy thoughts to sneak in my head and I can get down a lot easier. So, focus is a definite part of my life that I am going to work on. Also, in mountain biking, you have to look ahead so you can see any hills or big rocks that may be ahead of you. You can't look behind or you will wreck, and you also can't look too far ahead or you will wreck. I think that in life, it is the same way. We can get frustrated when we are living in the past or too far in the future all the time. I think that we are a lot happier when we continue to look ahead just enough to make the most of what is right in front of us. This is advice that I am going to follow. It is not anything new, but something that I have been forgetting.

Another analogy was that Jason and I are on the same path, to hopefully the same destination after this life, but it is an individual journey. There were times when he was further ahead and times when I was further ahead. We both struggled with different parts of the journey and both had to wait for each other in certain places. But in the end, we made our goal. That lines up in so many ways with our life right now it is just kind of ridiculous! Crazy and true and ridiculous!

The last analogy I made was with the uphill and downhill parts of the trail. There are so many different ways to look at this. Have to work hard up hill to get to the fun downhill. Have to let go on the downhill. If you try to control it too much with your brakes....ouch! In my life, I know that I have to let go and have faith that God has the eternal perspective and that his will is the best for me. I really am feeling like myself again this past week. No more complaining and being negative. As my friend Annie's blog said...no more murmuring! I love my life. I am so blessed. I am back!! Yay!!!

Gotta love the "lush" desert! :)


It doesn't look that steep in the picture...but in real life...it was pretty steep! At least for me!

This is such a cool fountain in a city called Fountain Hills. Go figure. In all the years living here, I have never seen this before. In fact, I didn't even know about it! We decided to get a little goofy with it. This fountain is super tall. 560 feet tall to be exact! Very cool! On the drive home we blasted the music and danced our hearts out. I must say that I am a great sit down dancer! lol We are meant for each other because we both just like to dance crazy and silly and have fun! I think I am ready for a nap! :)

Awww! He's so cute!

2 comments:

  1. Great analogies! Having had an experience where I tried to look at the hot guys resting beside the trail, rather than where my bike was going on the single track, I wholeheartedly agree with them! Glad you got to do something fun together. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's fantastic linds! i am glad that you are feeling more like yourself again!!! (that's always a nice way to feel)

    ReplyDelete