Monday, September 6, 2010

Coconut, Chocolate Chips and Spinach

So I have a new baking fettish! For the last few weeks I have been adding coconut and chocolate chips to all my baking. It started when I made a yummy new recipe for chocolate chip cookies and I added some coconut for fun. It made the cookies absolutely amazing!! So...the next week I made some banana muffins and thought it would be fun to add the coconut and chocolate chips to it. One word...Wow!! I have made them 3 times since and my family is still begging for them. In fact, yesterday at the store, I bought some extra bananas just so I could make them again. I've added them to brownies. Then I added it to my zuchinni bread a couple of days ago. The plain zuchinni bread did not measure up after that! So, for now there will be two new staples at my house. (P.S. The best chocolate chip cookies I found on www.crepesofwrath.net. It is the chocolate chunk recipe, but I always just use chips. Check it out...and don't forget to add some coconut! Yum, yum!)

On the other end of the spectrum, every day Jason and I have been having this smoothie that my sister told me about. In fact, it is so good that Taylor is having it with us every day too. I put about a cup of water in the blender and then put vanilla protein powder in it. I put in the tropical frozen fruit from Costco, (you can use berries too) and then put a bunch of spinach in it and blend it up until it is smooth. I love it and it is a great recovery drink after I work out in the morning! Plus, it is low calorie and good for me, so I have more room for coconut and chocolate chips later! Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment