Monday, April 26, 2010

Together Forever


My perfect, amazing grandpa was reunited with his sweetheart of 75 years this morning on the other side. Now they can continue on together forever. It seems like yesterday that I would snuggle up with him on his lap in his favorite recliner and he would pull out his harmonica and we would sing songs together. That is how I learned, "You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille". I will treasure these simple, but lasting memories. This is a picture of them 4 years ago at Morgan's blessing. They were the most loving, giving, caring grandparents a person could have. If you were to write a book on what grandparents should be, they would be it. I hope that I can live up to the amazing legacy that these two individuals left here on this earth. I can't believe that their chapter of life is over and now continues elsewhere. I will miss them both...until we see each other again. How blessed I am to know that this life is not the end. That we can be together as families forever. I know without a doubt that this it true.

No comments:

Post a Comment