Thursday, February 18, 2010
GOOD NEWS!
So Morgan has been to two follow up appointments this week. Both went very well. We met with the neurosurgeon today and he said everything looks great. He said that her cord will always be considered tethered because of her initial surgery to repair her spina bifida. No surgery is needed now though and won't be needed unless she starts showing symptoms, ie back pain, loss of leg or feet control, changes in bowel and bladder, etc. He said that what happened at the hospital was not from nerve damage, but that it is a urology issue. She should be meeting with the urologist soon. So, we are out of the woods right now with any spinal cord problems and I really feel at peace with everything. Morgan is back to being happy and spunky. She will follow up with the neurosurgeon again in 3 months and then he will follow her every 6 months. I know she is in the most capable hands with this doctor and I just know, deep down, that she is going to remain healthy and strong. I know that this all happened for a reason...and it is much more calming to know that we have places to turn. Jason and I went to the temple yesterday and the whole time we were there, I was just so overwhelmed with gratitude for this little girl and for the Lord's hand constantly in her life. We are so lucky and blessed. The only other thing I can say is PHEW!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Wow Lindsey! You have been through a lot lately. I relate so much to your feelings of being lost and alone when trying to be inspired about what's best or next for your child. You are so brave to write about everything. I have never been that brave. It's always seemed so personal..the things that I've dealt with - with Sophie, it's hard to write about, impossible to talk about. You are one strong woman! I admire your positive attitude about everything, and I'm so happy that Morgan is doing so well!!
ReplyDelete